Friday, March 28, 2008

Spring Break Part II.......

so the second part of spring break began with me throwing my sister-in-law Jurelle a surprise baby shower for her first little boy (she has a girl, but this was her first boy, how exciting! huh?)which was so much fun, she had no Idea which was the best part and I made my first attempt ever at making a diaper cake and I must say when i googled it online people made it seem so much more difficult than it actually was, some sites said that it would or should take an hour and some said it could require two people to put it together, so naturally i was a little intimidated (which for those that no me well is something that doesnt happen to me very often) there was also a website that offered a step-by-step video tutorial for ONLY $14.95 (i say that sarcastically) i mean people over exaterated (in my opinion) how difficult it would be and seriously it was so easy i think it took me like 20 min. to put the whole thing together and it was super easy and it turned out so cute and I'am not a crafty person by any means so anyone that is going to a baby shower or is throwing one this is the perfect gift for people such as myself.


heres the beautiful mommy at the front door as we were yelling surprise. she seriously had no Idea that we were having a surprise shower for her. she just thought she was coming to pick us girls up for a girls day of pampering . (which we did conclude with after the shower. isnt the expression on her face just priceless when we yelled surprise and what a beautiful preggo woman she makes.

heres the table and the diaper cake. it was so much fun. we dined on strawberry creme filled crepes, a tropical fruit salad (delicious) and we drank this very refreshing sparkling cherry-limade it was so good!! and it all turned out so good.

to add a little humor to the party we played the "dont say that word game" the game where everyone gets a few clothes line pins on their shirts and you pick a word you cant say throughtout the whole shower (our words were "cute"and"baby" which made it super challenging) and if you say that word than who ever catches you saying it first gets your pin and by the end of the shower the person with the most pins wins. this is where the humor came in. I decided that the prize for this would be a gag gift which was a "douche bag" HA! its kind of an inside joke in our family so thats what made it hilarious and the fact that i wrapped it and no one had any idea what the prize was :)

after the shower we headed over to a nail salon for pedicures, a first for the mommy-to-be and probably the 100th for myself (a little 411 on me i used to get pedicures and acrylic nails done every 2 weeks b4 i had kids and became poor DANG IT! :( bummer ) for anyone who hasnt had a pedicure before i highly recomend it. it feels so awesome!


heres us girls getting our feet done, minus poor Nonie (my sister-in-law) who had to work that day after the shower, oh well sucked to be her HA! please ignore how i look in this picture. I looked like crap that day i also look fat in this picture i swear!. I would also like to take this time to thank my mother-in-law for treating us girls to pedicures "THANKS MOM!"

the week concluded with celebrating cobys b-day like i talked about in a previous post. we also celebrated easter which wasnt to eventful. i bought stuff to dye easter eggs with coby and I just never got around to doing it. oh well maybe i will somtime this week or something. I did however get the boys easter baskets (by boys i mean nate too). easter has always held a special place in my heart not only because of my savior Jesus Christ and the sacrifice he made for me, but because it was the first holiday nate and I celebrated together when we were dating and ever since it has always meant more to me than any other holidays (combined). just a little history on that first easter nate got me this huge easter basket filled with candy and a cute stuffed bunny he also brought me flowers and a beautiuful card to which he expressed how much he truly cared for me and loved me (he also mentioned how he wanted to marry me, he didnt ask me, he just expressed that he wanted to marry me someday) he brought that basket to my moms house while i was working and i was surprised with it when i got home (my mom was very impressed and he earned major brownie points in her book). so yeah i got the boys easter baskets which werent really anything special. Coby got Leap Frog Letter Factory dvd and candy in his basket. Chase got a few little toys which i threw in cobys basket (they shared this year) and nate got socks, dress socks and candy in his basket (i know exciting right...umm yeah), but none-the-less the boys loved them. we celebrated easter this year by going to church and listening to the wonderful talks about the savior and the atonement and how he died for us to that someday when we die that we might rise and live again. Im so grateful to my heavenly father and too my savior and what better time of year to express that love that we all have for him. Im so grateful for the gospel in my life and what it has made my life become and for the many blessings I receive I'am truly thakful to my heavenly father and I love him so much.

Wow what a fantastic week. im so sad that it is gone now. more happened during the week such as shopping, dining and a few more get togethers, but this is pretty much the sum of it all. hope everyone else had a great week.


coby admiring the easer baskets. he wasnt the least bit interested in anything except the candy (and all i can say is "yup thats my boy!").unfortunatly i once again forgot my camera and didnt get any pictures of us in our easter clothes DANG IT!! oh well i will try for next year.

3 comments:

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Very cute diaper cake. I made one for a baby shower as well. So easy...and so cute! I couldn't believe how much people were charging to buy them online...what a rip! And AMEN to pedicures...they are seriously the BEST!

Anonymous said...

Tell her I said hi for me. She looks so dang cute.

Anonymous said...

Crap I forgot to say that I also need you email. My address book didn't transfer correctly from MSN to Microsoft Office.

And yes we are doing fine. I will email you more about it. I can say that the weather is dandy today. Love the sun and not a cloud in sight. I need a friend with humor out here. Maybe a gay friend:) They know how to let their 'hair' down:) oh my goodness that was so funny when I said that to Michael yesterday. 1 Gucci bag coming up!

You can delete this if you want.