ok, so we suck at getting pictures this holiday season literally got 2 pictures of thanksgiving, maybe 2 pictures of christmas and NONE of the new year, I know so sad right??....well for thanksgiving we got together with Nates family at my sis-in-law Terril's house since Baby kingston came home from the T.C.U. for a couple days, it was so great and so fun, we had so much food literally you would not believe, I had never seen so much food on one table in my LIFE we had Turkey, Ham, mashed pots & gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, deviled eggs, wheat salad, cabbage salad, homemade rolls, green bean casserole, twice baked beans, olives, and seriously we had so much more I cant even remember, just imagine it took up a huge island, 2 counters and a buffet table, it was SOOOO yummy though! good times filled with lots of laughter, I unfortunately have no pictures of that night, my mother-in-law does though, I need to get them from her....onto christmas we unfortunately were unable AGAIN to make it to Vegas for christmas (fourth year in-a-row, yah im a little homesick :( ) and since we had just gotten together with Nates fam. for thanksgiving we decided to just have a little christmas on our own and to be honest it was nice, no rushing out the door to make somewhere, no scrambling to finish making dinner or get dressed, it was so nice and relaxing....Christmas eve I made my grandma's home-made chili, it was so yummy, but sadly it just made me that much more home-sick :0( Coby conked out early so Chase, Caitlyn, Nate and I made home-made chocolate chips cookies for Santa, they were so YUMMY and Chase loved making them. After dinner and cookie making we watched a little bit of the Santa Claus and Polar express and put the other kids to bed and then Nate and I got down to business, he put together Coby's Kitchen, Chases, Cozy Coupe Car and Caitlyn's exersaucer while I wrapped presents and stuffed stalkings, it was SOOO fun, we sipped on hot chocolate and enjoyed our quiet time together. In the morning we got up super early, because Nate had to work a few hours and had to leave by 7am, so we got the kids up, got the camera ready and brought the kids down stairs, they were so surprised and excited to see what santa had brought, we are such crappy parents though, we did not get ONE picture of Caitlyn's first christmas i'm so sad, because I didnt realize it until a few days later when I went to upload the pictures, we did get a video though:
under the tree until christmas eve night after, the kids went to bed
that is our new tradition, so that they know that Santa Claus came ;0)
Christmas outfit
we had fun, even though on our way one of the homemade soups spilled
out of the crockpot and ALL over my back seat, yeah it was just so
wonderful, but thats what happens when some idiot ran a stop light and nearly
hit me, so I had to slam on my brakes...oh well my car still stinks (yuck)
hope you had a great Christmas, I know we sure did!
0 comments:
Post a Comment