Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Our SICK new year and some randomness...

The New year started out Sickly for us, starting with me getting strep throat and My Dear, Sweet, bestest, friend Robyn taking me to the E.R. on new years night for being badly dehydrated...we didnt get home til' 1:30 in the morning, isn't she the best! "I just Love you Robyn, you are the kindest, most giving, most nurturing, super smart and most beautiful person I have ever met! and I Love you dearly and I cherish our friendship so!" you are the best! THANK YOU!!!....from there it just got better and better, Nate got strep too and we were literally on our death bed for 2 days straight! ("MOM-thank you so much, for all you did and all you do, we wouldnt have survived without you!") thanks to Nates mom we were very well taken care of as she did everything for us and Nate's dad took us both to the Dr. (thank you again!). Doc said it was one of the worst cases of strep he had ever seen!...oh but wait it gets better Chase got strep so bad his tonsils bled for days on end! and he had a horrible rash from it and bad double ear infections and oh yeah he broke his nose a few days before Christmas, when Coby threw his huge Dora, ride-on car down the basement stairs and whacked Chase in the face with it...but wait there's more Coby shoved something up his nose which he got blood clots in his nose from it and had to go have surgically removed, only to find out during surgery that whatever it was had dissolved and instead his adenoids (their kind of like the tonsils of the nose)were really bad and needed to come out, so he had those out. Then he got a really bad ingrown toe-nail that became badly infected and turned in to a staph infection on his foot and had to be put on heavy antibiotics and oh yeah he got strep too and double ear infections and hasn't returned to school yet...luckily sweet Caitlyn missed the bullet on all of the above, so yeah we started out 2010 beautifully, we are all alive and somewhat well now and hope that Coby returns to school tomorrow finally, because Nate and I started school this week and we need a break!....oh and by the way ITS NATE'S LAST SEMESTER YAHHHHHH!!!!!! we have worked so hard for this and are so excited for him to graduate in April and although we are not done, by a long shot (we still have bachelor's and then grad school) this is a HUGE defeat for us, I'am so proud of my hubby, he works so HARD and is such a good man, CANT WAIT!....here's to hoping that 2010 is a great one!



Now for some random thoughts and things I have thought of and have gone down today:

1. Caitlyn hates bananas!...I know what baby hates bananas? well she does apparently, she prefers sweet potatoes, squash, rice cereal, peas, anything but, so opposite of her brothers :0)
2. Coby and I finally beat Mario Kart for Wii haha, this was a hug feat for us, we worked so hard! LOL!
3. I'am really loving the sociology classes that I'am taking they are so interesting and have made me realize alot of prejudice thoughts and feelings I didn't realize I had.
4. I'am really loving the stage my kids are at right now, even though they are alot of work, and I'm over tired, I finally feel like I have a grip on things and I'am LOVING it.
5. Chase is now signing "please", "thank you", "jump", "more", "all done" and "bottle/drink" he is also talking alot more and I LOVE IT!
6. Coby is now signing " I want", "please" "junp" "drink" and "thank you"
7. Nathan and I are really rededicating ourselves to our marriage and really trying super hard and it shows for both of us, we are so much happier and loving.
8. I really LOVE my husband and I think he gets more beautiful everyday..wait, how did I get so blessed.
9. I'am LOVING our new ward, the people, the time, the classes, the atmosphere is wonderful...although I still have love for you second ward! :0)
10. I just Love being a mom, really I do, its the best thing that has ever happened to me and I'm really trying hard to improve myself, be more nurturing, PATIENT (which is not an easy thing for me), loving, fun and more christ-like towards my children, I have a LONG way to go to where I want to be, but I'am sure going to try like heck to be the mom, my kids can be proud of. I love my kids so very much and am so thankful for all they have taught me!
11. I'am really going to try hard to blog more often, my goal is to blog at least once every two weeks, for journaling.

wow this is a long post....here's to hoping this year will be a great, because 2009 was filled with a lot of changes, hardships, and blessings....Have a great year EVERYONE!

1 comments:

Matt and Erin said...

Hey girl! Here's to a great 2010! Hope you guys are feeling better now.

P.S. I loved the sociology classes I took in college, too. So interesting...and full of self discovery.