Thursday, September 11, 2008

I must interupt......

my muchly (is that even a word hmmmmm) dare i say "highly anticipated" update on my life for a brief little headline I recently found this blog from another friends blog and it just humbled me so much in a way that I have to post about it. this is by far one of the funniest, most truthful blogs I have ever read and it is hilarious. but there is a particular post that she did that just seriously made me sit and really smell the roses of life. read below (kind of long, but well worth the read):


Dear Me,

You are about to get married to a tall, skinny boy from the other side of town. He loves you all right, but he has no idea yet just how much he needs you, and you him.You may think you want babies right away, but don't rush yourself. Enjoy this time when it's just the two of you. THE BABIES WILL COME. And once they do, they will never leave. And they will smell sometimes. And pee on you (and yet you will still love them). Stop wishing this time away, because in a blink, it will be gone, and you will find yourself a mother of three, with a road map of stretch marks to prove it.In spite of what everyone will tell you, it is okay to go to bed mad at each other. Sometimes it's better, as hurtful words are not said, and cooler heads always prevail in the morning.You are not really that great of a cook. I'm sorry to break that to you. You can bake like nobody's business, but cooking meat is not really your thing. And when you're making gravy one night in your first apartment? Don't add the paprika. Trust me on this one. The gravy will turn pink, and will be thoroughly disgusting. Your sweet husband will eat it anyway, but you will have just given him something to tease you about. Forever.Do not be critical of your spouse, and expect the same in return from him. Never badmouth him to your friends. Instead, brag about all his good qualities. It will help you to constantly see the good in him, of which there is a lot.Learn to pick your battles. I can promise you that after almost 15 years, he will still sling his suit over the back of a chair at the end of a long day. YOU WILL NOT FIX THIS. Stop trying. Just get over it, and be glad he is willing to work so hard for you and your family. Focus instead on ways you can make it easier for him to do his demanding job.You must also accept that you will be ignored on Saturday afternoons from late August through November, as he will ALWAYS want to watch his favorite team play football. It is nothing personal. It is just a strange part of this man that you will never understand. Instead, get a hobby or a good book and enjoy your alone time.Lastly, remember this: Men are like puppies; a little praise and a treat goes a long way in training them to do what you want.

With love,
You, age 34.


seriously that is so true. I have truly been struggling lately with a lots of things (which I will let everyone in on, in my highly anticipated update on my life post) and today was no exception, but man'o'man this really hit home for me, I truly am always focused on Nate's flaws or misdeeds or on the little pet peeves that bug me, to realize that I married such a thoughtful, caring, loving, hardworking, smart, handsome, spiritual, great man. who is supporting a family of four while going through med-school, working not 1 but now 2 jobs (one at the hospital and he now has an electrical job)and while maintaining a 3.9 GPA while making time to spend time with his kids and wife, give me breaks to go to dinners with my friends, go to recipe clubs, shopping and everything else in my (me, me, me) life, while taking extra classes at work and everything he has complicated with his extended family. I cant believe I forget all those wonderful qualities/thing about him. our husband (most of us anyway) do so much for their families it just amazes, dont get me wrong us woman out there do alot too, but we (well me anyway) all demand praise for it, but our husbands (mine anyway) never even thinks about it that way when it comes to all the hard work nate does, he never expects praise for it. he just does those things. and I have so much to be proud of . he is such a GOOD MAN! and I love him. so go now ME,ME,ME woman out there (mostly me anyway) and kiss your husband and tell him how proud you are of him and how much love and appreciate him and look forward to the next fifteen years (or the next five in my case, since weve only been married for almost five) and while your at it, hug your babies and tell them too how much you love them, because they wont be babies forever. and with that a bid everyone a GOOD NIGHT!


stay tuned....for my muchly (still not sure it that is even a word hhhmmmmm) HIGHLY ANTICIPATED update on my life and summer with tons of pics and videos, for now heres a little teaser/sneak peak:



Look at that face! aint he a cutie!!!!



and how bout this little boy, how HANDSOME is he!!!!!

awww how sweet are my babies....I LOVE THEM SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!

3 comments:

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Welcome back! You've been missed. And yes those babies of yours are just precious!

Jenny said...

Yay! Nice to hear from you again, I've missed you :) My how Chase has grown up. He's such a cutie. Can't wait to hear more about your summer. Take care!

Erica said...

Hey Tiffany, it has been a while since I've seen a post from you! I enjoyed this one, it's good to focus on the things that make you happy rather than what you can't fix or change.
Can I tell you those 2 boys of yours are so cute!! And Chase, wow has he grown since we left Iowa! We miss you guys and hope you are doing well!