Thursday, August 2, 2012

Fun in the Iowa sun...

There are very few places in Wdm where we can take Coby now-a-days and after the Tuesday debacle at mc d's where I thought I was going to pummel some woman for spewing hate at my sweet boy, the list of places we can take him is dwindling down. So Nate and I were thinking up a list of places for Coby to go and Jester Park popped into both of our heads. Jester Park is an awesome state park here in Iowa that is surrounded by sprawling trees and foliage, it is gorgeous and they have the neatest set up just for the littles complete with a cute this swimming hole with a place to build dams and spout. This little place is quite possibly Cobys favorite place in all of Iowa and when there is nobody else there it is our own little piece of heaven. We stayed at Jester for about an hour until a bunch of families showed up and it was time to go.



Iowa is amazing!! There are soooo many things to do here as a family and a lot of the stuff is either *free* or pretty close to it. I love Iowa and I just can't say enough about it. The opportunities that we have been afforded here makes me feel more and more blessed everyday. My brother and his fiancé are coming in approximately 8 days (but who's counting lol!) and I can't wait to show them what this place is all about and we may even eat some corn. After all this is Iowa :)

ps I'm blogging from my iPhone for the first time and I have no idea how this will turn out.. Hopefully the pics aren't all over the place

0 comments: